Visa requirements for higher studies in Australia and student visa extension process

If you are planning to pursue your higher studies in Australia as an overseas student then you need to apply for an appropriate visa class. You can apply for an Australian student visa for the courses registered under the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). After completing your graduation from an Australian university, you can also apply for professional year programs in the country to pursue a career as a permanent resident of Australia through an appropriate student visa extension.

To migrate to Australia for higher education, you need to apply for the Student Visa Subclass 500 in Australia by following all the immigration laws in the country. Student visa subclass 500 allows you to live in Australia as a temporary resident, enroll in a full-time course registered under CRICOS, work part-time during your studies, travel to and from Australia, bring your partner to Australia as a student dependent, and participate in professional courses and internship programs during the course of your visa validity.

Requirements for Student Visa Subclass 500

  • You are required to qualify and achieve a minimum score in any English language tests including International English Language Testing System (IELTS), TOEFL internet-based test, Cambridge English: Advanced, Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic), and Occupational English Test.
  • You need to provide Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE) Certificate for the course you are applying for.
  • You need to fulfill the minimum age criteria for applying for a student visa.
  • You must have an OSHC or Overseas Student Health Insurance Cover.

These are the common eligibility requirement for a student visa subclass 500 in Australia. You can contact any professional education and migration consultant in Australia to get more detail about the student visa application process.

Student visa extension

If you are seeking to extend the validity of your student visa then there is no way to do that. You can either apply for a new student visa again or get a visitor visa because there is no extension of a student visa in Australia. Applying for a new student visa is the most logical option if:

  • You want extra time to complete your studies
  • You have a new course to complete
  • You have an extended research application
  • Your visa expires before your final graduation days
  • Your course has been extended for some reason

To get a new student visa, you need to follow the same process as you did in the past under the government’s guidelines. You need to obtain a new Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) and Overseas Student Health Insurance Cover to process your visa application. You will also be required to submit all the essential documents that you have submitted during your first student visa application process. You should consider applying for a new visa before the current one expires; apply at least three months before your current visa expires to avoid any issues during your visa application process.

For your student visa subclass 500 application, you can contact a reputed education and migration consultant in Australia. If you are looking for a new visa extension to continue with your studies, you should look for a professional migration agent who can help you with cheap student visa extension services. Make sure to complete your new student visa application process before your current visa validity ends to legally stay in the country.