• Home
  • | Working & Skilled Visas

Working & Skilled Visas

If you are a skilled professional with the desired qualification and looking work opportunities in Australia then you should consider getting the right working & skilled class visas. A skilled visa lets you work, live, and travel in Australia. We, at International Migration & Education Services (IMES) Pty Ltd, help skilled individuals in applying for the right skilled visa based on their professional qualifications and experience.

For this purpose, you need to follow the right process and find the right category and subclass for your visa application. Typically, there are 4 categories of skilled visas for the people who want to migrate to Australia for the work.

  • Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa (visa subclass 476)
  • Skilled Independent Visa (visa subclass 189)
  • Skilled Sponsored Visa (visa subclass 491, 190, and 887)
  • Distinguished Talent Visa (visa subclass 124 and 858)

If you are looking for permanent Australian residency pathway and want to work in Australia for as much as 5 years, you can apply for a Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa subclass 491. The Skilled visa subclass 491 allows you to work, live, and study in Australia. To get this visa, you need to be nominated by a state or territory government for the same purpose. Also, you are not allowed to choose any work of your choice, instead, you need to choose a profession listed in the Australian Skilled Migration program based on your skills.

With skilled visas, you are allowed to:

  • Live and work or study in Australia until the visa validity.
  • Travel to and from Australia.
  • Apply for a permanent residence if fulfilling the required conditions through Permanent Residence Subclass 191.
  • To bring your eligible family members on your visa.

Requirements and Eligibility Criteria

  • You need to pass the English language proficiency test with the minimum qualified score as per the attached conditions.
  • You are required to fulfill the health and character requirements as per the rules and regulations in Australia.
  • You will be asked to sign the Australian value statement stating that you will respect the Australian cultures and lifestyle.
  • You must be invited, nominated, and/or sponsored by an Australian state or territory government or by an eligible relative for the visa subclass 491.
  • You should not be older than 45 years in age.
  • You must go through the appropriate skills assessment tests and pass the point test for gaining eligibility for Skilled Migration Australia.

To get a skilled visa to migrate to Australia, you need to understand and meet the strict rules and immigration laws imposed on immigrants by the Australian Government before applying for the same. Here at IMES, you can get in touch with our expert registered Migration Agent in Australia and they will help you regarding your concerns and guide you through the complete visa application process.

With a high success rate, we have assisted migrants from all over the world in getting the correct work visa by following the rules and immigration laws. Our certified migration agents and counsellors have detailed knowledge of all Australian Visas and their processing. For more details, contact our authorized registered migration agent for all the assistance through your visa process.

Temporary Graduate Visas

There are 2 types of Subclass 485 Temporary Graduate ..

Visitor Visas

There are different types of Visitor visas (Subclass 600) for Australia depending on..

Family & Partner visas

There are various types of Family & Partner visas for..

Working & Skilled Visas

There are many types of working & skilled visas for Australia..

Other Visas

If you need assistance for any other type of visas..

AAT Appeal

If a visa has been refused or cancelled by the Department of Home Affair (DoHA)..


Sydney Office

We want to hear from you