1. improving your note taking techniques and public speaking skills required for interpreting
2. having ethics and fulfilling the requirements in working as a professional (or paraprofessional) interpreter in Australia
3. having cultural competence and how to use that in interpreting
4. avoiding some common types of errors in interpreting from English to LOTE(Language Other Than English)
5. acquiring some major interpreting techniques to convey a speech from one language to the target speech in another language
6. practicing interpreting skills in class and receive feedback.
1. this training session is to help students prepare for the NAATI Test for Interpreter at Professional or Paraprofessional Interpreter Level and from English to LOTE (Language Other Than English)
2. the instructional language is English and all the theories and the tips are given in English, so even if you take the NAATI test in your native language, the workshop still helps you to grasp some basic information about translation theories and translation/interpreting techniques.
3. all tips, techniques will be provided and explained in English.