The academic requirements (including evidence of English language skills) you need to study in Australia will vary depending on the level of education you want to study. Institutions can have different entry requirements. Here is some general guidance on entry requirements for the different levels of study in Australia:
• For English Course– Language skill as Entry requirement varies between institutions, and according to the level of English language course you want to study.
• For Schools - Entry requirements vary between schools depending on the state or territory you will be studying in. Academic performance and ability are considered during the application process.
• Vocational Education and Training (VET) - In most cases there are no entrance exams for Vocational Education and Training (VET) institutions. However, some courses may have specific pre-requisite subjects or work experience requirements.
• Higher Education Undergraduate - To gain entry into an Australian undergraduate course you will need to have an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (Year12), or the overseas equivalent. Some undergraduate courses may also have specific pre-requisite subjects.
• Higher Education Postgraduate - As well as the satisfactory completion of at least one degree at the undergraduate level, your institution may take research ability or relevant work experience into consideration for postgraduate.
To meet the academic requirements of an Australian high school qualification, consider taking a Foundation course. Also called the bridging study, they are intensive courses that will help you meet the entry requirements. They are usually one year long and are offered by most higher education institutions.
IMES Student admission document checklist is as follows:
1. Passport copy
2. Visa copy (for onshore student)
3. IELTS/PTE/ TOFEL result
4. Academic Certificate including
a. Offshore docs
b. Onshore docs
5. Current CoE (for onshore student)
6. Health Insurance
7. Statement of Purpose (SOP)
8. Police clearance (optional)
9. Skill assessment (For Professioinal Year student only)